June 11, 2019

Dear Jayanthi Sankar,

I am so glad I agreed to do this review. I have finally had some time to myself to read & re-read the first 2-3 stories.

I love the versatility of tones and facts in your stories.

When I started on “Did Churchill Know?” I was half expecting this to be about the war and whether Churchill knew how it was going to turn out. I was not prepared for that twist at the end. Oh, to say I was surprised was an understatement! I was shocked and bemused all at the same time and I wondered if it was your intention to make your reader the “Churchill” of the title! Oh, that was “wickedly” good! :D

‘Punkah wallah’ transported me back to the early days of Singapore - right to the beginning of the 20th Century, to be exact. How apt it is that this story will be published at this time when we are celebrating Singapore’s Bicentennial! The way our society interacted with one another of different origins and cultures, and how the different classes of our society functioned were all brought to life in these very pages. A delightful story that’s worth re-visiting.

With best regards, Angela Leong, 
Director of a research firm, Singapore.
((through email on 9thJune2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment